Study music

The Department of Musicology offers a wide-ranging selection of undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as freestanding courses. For more information, see the links to the left.

Studying in Sweden

Housing and financing

International applications

At undergraduate level, our courses are mostly taught in Swedish, but international applicants are still welcome. At Master's level, however, all the courses are taught in English. If you are a citizen of a country outside the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you are required to pay a tuition fee. Financing your tuition fees works differently depending on whether you're going to study at Bachelor's level, Master's level or as an exchange student. For more information about admissions, financing and housing, see the links below. If you have any enquiries about our courses and how you could enroll, you can either contact our student counselor or the Head of undergraduate studies. For their contact information, see Contact.

What do musicologists do?

There are a lot of work opportunities for someone who has studied musicology. You could work at a radio station or in TV, write about music for newspapers and magazines, or work within the music industry or within music education. Other areas of employment include symphony orchestras, festivals and other music organizations. It is also possible to form one's education towards music archives or music libraries. Some of our former students have become solo artists or gotten jobs at artist management companies.