The research seminar in musicology is a forum where scholars, PhD students and other students meet to discuss current or concluded projects within musicology or other related disciplines. A couple of times each semester, international scholars visit our department to present their work. Please note that some of the seminars are text seminars, to which texts can be acquired by contacting Lars Berglund by e-mail email@example.com.
The seminars are usually held Tuesdays from 1.15 pm CET until 3 pm.
Research seminar spring semester 2020
NB: Additions or changes may be made during the semester. Check this page regularly!
Time and place (unless otherwise stated): Tuesday kl. 1.15pm-3pm in lecture room F2 (2-0047)
- Fri 21/2 kl. 13.15-15.00 Room 2-0043 (F1) Nina Sun Eidsheim, UCLA Herb Alpert School of Music: "The Race of Sound: The Acousmatic Question as Voice-Making" NB! Friday 21/2 13.15-15.00 Room 2-0043
- Sat 22/2 kl. 13.00 Lecture room IV, University main building, Biskopsg. 3 Veronika Muchitsch defends her dissertation "Vocal Figurations: Technique, Technology and Mediation in the Gendering of Voice in Twenty-First-Century Pop Music" NB Saturday 22/2 13.00 Lecture room IV, University main building
- 10/3 Erik Kjellberg, prof. em.: "Arvet efter Johann Sebastian Bach" NB The seminar will be held in Swedish!
- 17/3 Fredrica Roos: Presentation of a dissertation chapter on narratological analysis of Gustav Mahler's 5th symphony
- 31/3 Janne Palkisto, PhD student, University of Turku: "Music and charity - Swedish-Finnish clarinetist and composer Bernhard Crusell (1775-1838) playing for the poor people of Sweden" CANCELLED and rescheduled until autumn 2020.
- 21/4 Anne Reese Willén: "Actors and networks in the circulation and the implementation of music idealist views in Stockholm in the second half of the 19th Century"
- 28/4 13.15-16.00 Dafna Dori: Final seminar of thesis with preliminary title "Saleh al-Kuwaity: A Modern Iraqi Composer" Pre-opponent: Søren Møller Sørensen, University of Copenhagen. POSTPONED until further notice.
- 19/5 Maria Schildt: "Circulation of French music to the elites in the North: The De Geer family and the Finspong music collection"
- 26/5 Meghan Quinlan: "Sovereignty and Bare Life in an Old French Melody"