The research seminar in musicology is a forum where scholars, PhD students and other students meet to discuss current or concluded projects within musicology or other related disciplines. A couple of times each semester, international scholars visit our department to present their work. Please note that some of the seminars are text seminars, to which texts can be acquired by contacting Mattias Lundberg by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The seminars are usually held Tuesdays from 1.15 pm CET until 3 pm.
Research seminar autumn semester 2022
NB: Additions or changes may be made during the semester. Check this page regularly!
Time and place (unless otherwise stated): Tuesday kl. 1.15pm-3pm in Room 2-0047
- 11/10 Halvor Hosar, Uppsala: "Hermeneutics and Church Music of the Classical Period"
- 18/10 Sanna Raninen, Uppsala: "Music Books in Post-Reformation Sweden and Finland"
- 1/11 Meghan Quinlan, Uppsala: Title t.b.c.
- 10/11 Room 2-0043 13.15-16.00 Carolien Hulshof, Uppsala: Final seminar on PhD dissertation. Pre-opponent: Thomas James Solomon, University of Bergen. NB. Please note date & time! (Thursday 10/11)
- 15/11 Emma Sohlgren, Uppsala: Presentation of a chapter from her PhD project.
- 22/11 Marianne Gillion, Uppsala: Title t.b.a.
- 29/11 Douglas Mattsson, Södertörn University: Title t.b.c.
- 6/12 Ruth Tatlow (affiliated scholar): "New Light on J.S. Bach's Mühlhausen Cantatas (BWV) 106, 131, 150 and 196"
- 13/12 Anne Reese Willén, Uppsala: Title t.b.c.